Thank you Neferet, for awarding ‘Feeling Good About Feminism’! You consistently recognize and appreciate fellow female bloggers, and your voice surges with confident empowerment. I enjoy following along on your journey.
For this award:
- Thank and link back to the giver.
- Answer the giver’s questions.
- ‘Nominate’ five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
- Post it all on one’s blog!
I was asked:
1. What are some of your guilty pleasures?
I don’t see the point in *actually* feeling guilty about activities that I enjoy. That said, I know the sort of behavior the phrase refers to. I love Harry Potter movies, and given the chance, I enjoy a good HP movie marathon. Or reading all day, outdoors. Acupuncture is another indulgence that I feel promotes my health and happiness.
2. What kind of music do you listen to?
Upbeat ‘world’ music, so eclectic influences are key. Soaring vocals. Ekova is my absolute favorite. Beats Antique is also fun!
3. What do you feel is most rewarding about being a blogger?
I notice my voice growing in confidence, my vocabulary continually strengthening, and that when asked about feminism, my response comes almost automatically and from my heart.
Because my mission is specifically to promote positive attitudes toward women and our rights as human beings, I find that I tend to speak more positively in general, now. I’ve released a lot of anger by transmuting it into love and I am grateful that this blog has helped me do that.
4. What kind of literature do you most appreciate?
I enjoy fairy tales because of the life lessons they tend to include, as well as fantasy stories which also hold deep lessons within the layers of story.
5. What was the last good deed that you did?
Erm, I’ve been told that for a good deed to count, it’s better not to recount it 😉 Let’s just say it’s to nominate these 5 bloggers!
Moon Woman Rising -blooming mother, sharing beautiful goddess-like photography and the perfect words to accompany it.
Fromthomas77b -incredible carvings of stone, and his powerful stories which live in them.
Porn-Free Culture -female writer, in active search of the best of love, for everyone, in ways which honor women.
A Secret Garden -fantastic illuminated pages, female Wiccan “monk” of the 21st century 😉
Saira Khan -empowered amazing woman with a strong voice for justice and respect.
1. Do you watch tv and how do you feel it affects you?
2. What catches your eye in an art museum?
3. Anything you notice people saying which does not support women’s well-being, and which could be easily changed to be supportive?
4. What makes you feel triumphant?
5. Does nature hold a central focus in your life, and how has that affected your life?
Blessings on all. I’m feeling good about recognition for hard work! 🙂